WORKING WITH CHILDREN
Working with Children Check
The WWC Check is a NSW State Government requirement that applies to persons who work or volunteer with children (aged under 18 years).
It is a process that checks the background of persons who apply to work or volunteer with children (u18) in sports clubs, community groups, schools, child care centres, church groups and other child based organisations and sectors.
WWC Check Compliance – Workers & Volunteers in sport
- If you are a person who will be working or volunteering with children (aged u18) in sport in 2015, you will be required to provide your WWC Number to your club.
- If you already hold a WWC Number, you will need to provide it to your club.
- If you do not have a WWC Number yet, you will need to apply on-line for a Working with Children Check so that you can obtain your WWC Number.
- Note: Before you apply for your WWC Check, please check the Exemptions list below as some people are exempt.
To apply for your WWC Check, click on the link below and follow the instructions. Once you complete the on-line application you will be required to attend a Motor Registry and show proof of ID.
If you are a volunteer in sport, there will be no cost for your WWC Check, as it is free for volunteers.
If you are paid to work in sport your WWC Check will cost you $80 and is payable at the Motor Registry.
Once your WWC Check application has been lodged and you have been to the Motor Registry, you will receive your WWC Number by email, usually within 2 weeks. (allow a longer at peak times).
WWC Check Exemptions
Some people in sport are exempt from the WWC Check process and do not require a WWC Number. Exempt are:
- Persons under 18 years of age
- Volunteer parent who only coaches or manages their own child’s team
- Volunteer who only coaches or manages a close relative’s team (see definition below)
- Canteen managers, canteen workers and caterers
- Grounds persons
“Close Relative” – A spouse or de facto partner of the person; or a child, step-child, sibling, step-sibling, parent, step-parents, grandparent, step-grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew of the person.
Guidelines & Resources
Club & Association Support
Contact Michelle Hanley at Football NSW on 02 8814 4402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org