Select Page


The Entrance 0 – 4 Killarney

Three goals for Killarney in the first half were enough for the Terriers to keep their unbeaten season alive as they defeated their local rivals the Entrance in the Round 11 Match of the Round.

On his return from injury, Ethan Hall found himself in the starting eleven and made the most of his start after just 20-minutes when he finished a good team goal with a first-time shot from a cross. Just five minutes after grabbing their first goal, Adam Woodbine was on hand to double the Terrier’s lead and take his tally of the year to six. Killarney continued to ask questions of the Entrance defence and their constant pressure paid off as Andy Klijn was brought down in the box and awarded a penalty. Adam Smith stepped up for his side and successfully converted Killarney’s first penalty of the year after three attempts. The Terriers enjoyed a convincing three-goal lead over their rivals at halftime.

The Entrance knew they had to come out in the second half to avoid seeing another big defeat. However, a resilient Killarney continued to create chances and were rewarded 10-minutes after the second half commenced when Matt Hall latched himself onto a through ball from Tim Knight and successfully found the back of the net. The Entrance did improve in the last 45-minutes of play, but the damage was already done as the result finished 4-0.

Patrick Zwaanswijk credited the opposition and also stated it was a better performance. From his side in the second half. “It was a tough game against a good side with lots of experience. We came out the second half stronger and played a better style of football as we played out with confidence and connection with the midfield. It was a much improved second half from the Entrance.”

Chris Ackerley is now focused on keeping his unbeaten run alive as they come up against the Tigers next week. “It was a good performance to win four-nil with another clean sheet. It’s been a good start to the season that the boys should be proud of but still a long way to go with another hard game this weekend against Wyoming.”

MATCH OFFICIAL – Luke Dunkerley

Wyoming 1 – 3 Terrigal

Despite a late comeback attempt from Wyoming, Terrigal was able to see out the game and grab the win to now make it three in a row for the O’lads.

The fixture started very evenly up until Terrigal found their opener seven minutes after the kick-off. A cleared corner fell to Mitch Allen and from distance he made no mistake, curling a sublime strike into the top corner, giving goalkeeper Tom Coventry no chance in the Wyoming goal. After another flat period in the game, Terrigal doubled their lead as another set-piece proved worthy when Stuart Adams’ cross was met emphatically at the far post by Mahkye Brownlie to notch his sixth of the season. Wyoming almost found one before halftime when Ian McAndrew scraped the crossbar with a free kick, but the score remained at 2-0.

The opening of the second half was once again played in the middle third with both teams enjoying good opportunities. Wyoming was handed a lifeline when an Ian McAndrew free kick on the touchline from 48 meters out was misjudged By Riley Battle in the Terrigal goal as the ball floated into the net at the 75th-minute mark. Wyoming pushed hard for an equaliser, and it made for a nervy 15-minutes for Terrigal, but the equaliser would not come for the Tigers. However, Ben Flakus pounced on an opposition mistake and found himself one-on-one with the Wyoming goalkeeper as he coolly slotted home to seal the victory for the O’lads.

McAndrew voiced after full time that despite his goal of the century contender, the oppositions fully deserved the win. “Both teams shared good opportunities until I scored from 48-meters out with a bullet the keeper couldn’t handle but overall, Terrigal deserved the points, but we fought on really hard, congrats to Martyn and his side.”

“We started brightly again this week and feel we fully deserved the interval lead. Fair play to Macca and his team, they tested us in the second period and if they have all of their experienced players fit in the second half of the season, they will win a few more games, I’m sure.”


Berkeley Vale 2 – 1 Southern & Ettalong

Southern fell 2-1 for the second time in a matter of just five days as a late screamer from the Wombats saw Berkeley Vale get back on winning terms.

It was both Southern & Ettalong and Berkeley Vale’s third game in seven days and this fixture would come down to who was best equipped to deal with it as both sides are harbouring multiple players out through injuries. Southern went 1-0 down midway through the first half when they lost possession of the ball on halfway and failed to transition quick enough to defend Berkeley’s attack down the left which resulted in Reece Caira calmly slotting home for the first goal and giving his side the lead at the interval.

Southern came out a determined side to start the second half as they search for an equaliser. Midway through the second period, the Lions were able to draw level after a good lead-up play saw James Steer cross for Jimmy Lepre who finished well to tie things up at 1-1. Southern saw a similar fate as was the case with them on Wednesday night against Wyoming, instead of going on with it once they had drawn level, they would concede to go behind 2-1. Scott McGinley was able to grab the goal for Berkeley as his screamer would go on to win the match and claim the points for his side.

“We knew the importance of the game as it would mark the halfway point of the season. Unfortunately, it was a too familiar story for us conceding goals from our mistakes and failing to capitalize on the chances we created,” Stated Southern coach Dale Eggleton.

Dale also went on to add, “we know the challenge we have ahead of us if we want to be a semi-final aspirant this year. Firstly, we need to find consistency in our performance over the ninety minutes and from week to week. We have to stop leaking goals as we have only kept two clean sheets in nine games, and we need to convert the possession and chances we create in a game into goals. Hard work is needed and we either achieve our goal or we look back on another season of what-ifs. Watch this space.”

Mark Pratt voiced that both squads have taken a hit injury-wise and after losing another player during the game, Berkeley’s injury toll only contuse to get worse. “It was an even game between the two teams that are struggling with injuries following the midweek games. Halfway through the second half Aiden Darcy ruptured his achilles, thankfully we kept up the fight and gained the deserved three points.”


Kanwal 3 – 2 Kariong

Kanwal picks up their second win in five days as the Bulls get the best of Kariong and keep their second-place spot on the ladder after a heroic comeback.

It was an extremely poor start to the game from Kanwal whilst Kariong started in great form, constantly creating chances to trouble Kanwal. A loose pass in the middle of the park was intercepted by Kariong’s Chris Lennon as he found the top corner with a shot from outside the box to give Kariong a deserved lead. Within moments of grabbing their first, a clever freekick from captain Nick Trengrove found Shane Littlehales who calmly finished into the bottom corner to double the Cougar’s lead. Although they enjoyed a two-goal lead, Kariong didn’t stop there and before halftime they saw a shot cleared off the line and another attempt hit the post. Kanwal slowly worked themselves back into the game with a number of chances created but all were wasted as the score remained 2-0 at the break.

A change in tactics and the introduction of Joey Liddle at halftime brought some renewed energy. It didn’t take long for Liddle to make his impact on the game as he ran into a through ball and coolly lobbed the ball over the Kariong goalkeeper early in the second half to bring his side back into the game. In the attempt of trying to prevent the goal, Kariong lost their centre-back, Mark Johnstone, to injury. Kanwal would suffer a major blow of their own when goalkeeper Kurtis Mahon was shown red after a mistimed tackle that reduced the Bulls to 10 men. Chris Lennon broke through the Kanwal backline and rounded the keeper only to be brought down which resulted in the Kanwal keeper being sent off. Being reduced to 10 men didn’t seem to deter Kanwal as they continued to press on for an equaliser. They would eventually get their second goal in the 73rd minute when a corner was converted by Jason Cozens with a well-taken header at the back post.  Within 2 minutes of getting his first, Jason Cozens would turn the game on its head with another well-taken shot from distance into the bottom corner to give Kanwal a 3-2 lead. The Bulls managed to hold Kariong out for the remainder of the game and claim all three points.

In a game that Ryan Finch thought his side should have won, Finch was let down after failing to hold a two-goal lead. “It was such a disappointment for us to come away with nothing in a game that we were so good for such large parts and overall, probably deserved to win. This need to be a big wake-up call to us now that games are never won in this league, and you have to push until the final whistle to make sure of the result. Hats off to Kanwal who fought until the end to get the win.”

Ryan Walker was delighted with the effort of his squad in the second half. “The boys this year are playing with great belief and even at two-nil down we always felt we could get back into the game. It’s been a tough week with three games in eight days and the boys are a bit sore and sorry, but I’m proud of how they are all working hard and playing for each other.”

MATCH OFFICIAL – Anthony Kabbout

Avoca 3 – 4 Woongarrah

Woongarrah finally gets their second win of the year after defeating Avoca in a seven-goal thriller as the Wildcats hop out of the relegation zone.

Woongarrah started their contest against Avoca racing out of the blocks and were rewarded early on when Myles Donnelly would score off a corner for the Wildcats. Moments after grabbing their first, Bailey Koopman would find himself one-on-one with the opposition keeper as he calmly converted to give Woongarrah a two-goal advantage. Being two goals to the good, Woongarrah would take their foot off the pedal and start playing too casual which would go on to cost them. After managing to get their foot in the game and play some excellent football, Avoca would go on to score three unanswered goals to head into the break 3-2. A single from Jesse Parnell and a double from Oliver Chippendale was able to give the Sharks the lead at halftime.

Woongarrah, disappointed with giving up an early 2-goal lead came out in the second half in the same manner as they started the first and looked the better team. Jamie Bartlett would find himself on the scoresheet after a fantastic free-kick from 25-yards out levelled the game. Bailey Koopman would then follow this up with his second goal of the day to restore the Wildcat’s lead. Avoca pushed hard for a late equaliser which made for a nervy last five minutes for Luke Rogers and his side, but they were able to hold on and walk away with the three points.

Avoca’s Neil Hide voiced the opposition deserved the win post-match. “It was another close match involving Avoca that was decided by one goal. Full credit to Luke and Woongarrah, they deserved the win.”

Happy with his side performance, Luke Rogers mentioned it was a fantastic game of football to watch. “A great game for the neutral with both sides playing some great end-to-end football. Neil’s boys showed a great mentality to come back from two goals down but besides a 23-minute period, I was really pleased with how we played, getting the job done and playing some great football in the process.”


Golden Boot Standing –

6Stuart Adams (Terrigal), Adam Woodbine (Killarney), Mahkye Brownlie (Terrigal
5Jack Elwood (Southern), Andy Klijn (Killarney), Josh Menzies (Avoca), Bailey Garland (Berkeley Vale)

Points Table –

Club Championship –

Division 1

Round 11 Results –

Points Table –

Club Championship –